This time I am committing myself to 21 days. My plan is not to go vegan for 21 days, then go back to eating animal products. What’s the point in that?! Nothing, besides utter disappointment! No, my plan is that with in these next 21 days I will be on the way to more energy, less headaches, smaller waistline, and an inner calm knowing that I’m helping myself every day.
As mentioned before, I’ve always leaned towards the fruits and veggie layer of our food “pyramid”. I have no issues eating salad over anything else…but the struggle is making that decision. The struggle is buying the fresh ingredients, cooking them, and finding recipes my husband will eat as well. The culture that surrounds us is fast and easy…which helps our busy life style. But what happens when we are continuously pushing ourselves to keep our pace of life…on fast and easy? Then our bodies struggle to keep up with our busy lifestyle.
Hopefully these next 3 weeks will allow me to find out my fast and easy green options. I find myself often forgetting my green options, and opting for what I know. This time around, I am telling everyone around me what I’m trying to accomplish so they can help remind me if I tend to forget!
I have several things that are motivating me to keep with it this time. Lack of energy, losing interest in what I shove in my trapper, and wondering why I don't take care of myself? I have plenty of ideas for loved ones about how to eat and feel better…but I barely follow my own advice! Shouldn’t I be modeling it first??
My cousin has already made me promise that I will not go psycho and judgemental on everyone around me. Now I will try my best, but at the same time I have to share! I hope to update this blog these next three weeks. I’m not sure if that includes blogging a little each day…or once a week. Or maybe when I’m inspired. But I do know that I can’t wait to share my findings and my experience during this short but exciting journey!
-M
No comments:
Post a Comment