Wednesday, April 20, 2011

After all, tomorrow is another day...
Eating better takes a lot of planning. Buying the right things, then preparing them for a busy lifestyle. It's not always easy and sometimes you still feel hungry after bringing all the right foods to a long day at work. 


The worst is when you just don't have the time in the morning to get everything together for a totally healthy day. If you have been living the healthy lifestyle long enough, you don't even have the unhealthy stuff in your house to fall back on. What's worse? When you run out for lunch since you don't have anything to eat!


Today's lunch adventure...at 2:15 with 10 minutes until washing out my client's color so I am ready in time for the next two clients back to back. Starving. What to do? In a moment of brilliance I remember that the famous "Native Foods" restaurant is down the street from my salon. It's a vegan, healthy take out place and they now offer gluten free options! When I get there I also begin to remember that the 1st time I went there I hated the food that were over-sauced and weird tasting, the 2nd time I was scared by the G-Free options, and this 3rd time I was overwhelmed that my only choices were funky nachos with black beans or salads with beets and sunflowers seeds, but no protein choice. I ran out to El Pollo Loco, my old stand-by and was content knowing I could be semi-healthy. I could order a giant salad, some sides, and maybe even a quesadilla (not healthy, but delicious). But, they had a sign stating that orders would take significantly longer than normal today, up to 20 minutes. That wasn't going to work. Since I now had about 5 minutes left, I sped off to the next nearest fast food....Del Taco. Ugh. I won't divulge what I ordered besides french fries, but will admit it was a tragic mistake. Normally I would beat myself up about this massive mistake and feel guilty. Instead I decided to eat, get over it, and move on. Lesson has been learned...I will plan ahead from now on. 


And it's ok because after all, tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment