Tuesday, April 19, 2011
California Girl
It's me, the California cousin. I am a self proclaimed meat eater. For a few years I have had issues with my GI tract and have removed gluten from my foods for 2 years. But I haven't been feeling any better and constantly have searched out how I can change the foods I eat.
My cousin feels great when she skips meat, but I eat meat every meal and a lean protein and veggie diet make me feel the best. I told her to read the new book, Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr since I want her to be the healthiest vegetarian around...and I also suggested The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. These books have been written to help vegetarians and vegans eat healthy, not just without meat. I went to check these books out myself and ended up reading The Kind Diet in the store. I left never wanting to eat meat again.
I radically cut out all meat the next day, for 3 weeks! I cut out most dairy (I only have sour cream and some cheese from time to time), started drinking protein shakes, and spent $100s of dollars at the health food store. I was starving and did not feel very good...then I crashed HARD and had scary deprivation symptoms. What I learned was that I can have the self control and ability to survive without meat at every meal, but that I should start slowly. My desire to eat a vegetarian lifestyle will be realized with patience, time, planning, support, and forgiveness from myself when I fail.
I was told by many that it has to do with blood type and that type O blood requires meat. I didn't know my type, but assumed that must be me. Then I tested and found out that I am blood type A positive, the vegetarian blood type...who also must avoid wheat. Sounds like me...so now what? This new part of my journey is going to be a slow evolving of my diet to make a healthier me over time. I plan to eat less meat and eventually remove it from my diet completely. I plan to slowly evolve toward healthier, more raw foods, and I can't wait to see the results to my mind and body as this happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment